PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LoCo airlines busting minima in LVP's at STN?
Old 30th Apr 2006, 20:42
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the grim repa:

I don't think you read my post as well as you should have old son.

I said that by the time you are transferred to "Tower" and you have already passed the decision point and are then given RVRs that are below minimum then you may continue and land if it is possible. (The CAA used to qualify this as being 1000 feet above the runway). Please read your JAR requirements.

I have no intentions in starting an ATC versus Pilots battle but on that particular occasion I WAS GIVEN HUGE ATTITUDE from ATC on taxi-in and so I responded in kind and accurately.

If you think I am carping about something about which I had almost forgotten about since this discussion came about, and it seems that you think an announced runway change is unimportant, can you just imagine the chaos that would occur if the ATIS at LHR is giving easterly landings when they are in fact landing west!

As a matter of further comment; my local airport has recently introduced an automatic ATIS system. This means that every time a rabbit farts on the airport the ATIS letter changes. I recently sat through ATIS "C" to "Q" on a night of freezing fog in 10 minutes! So who the hell do YOU believe?