PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LoCo airlines busting minima in LVP's at STN?
Old 14th Feb 2007, 13:42
BOMB-DOCTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny I note that you say that the "ATC guys were concerned", but it dose appear that the controllers at the time did not issue an absolute minima warning as per AIC 7/2005 published by NATS. It is then understandable to assume that the controllers are either un-aware of such an AIC or "aided and abbetted" the situation that the pilots found themselves in.

It is also my understanding that the ATIS at the time was broadcasting a "CATIII ILS is available" Not that relates to the lights which were not CAIII but it does help fix a mindset that all is "OK". What a gotcha?

Yes the runway is undergoing work as notamed, fog comes down, is it possible that the the airport upgrades the systems under the circumstances to CAT3, bash out suitable ATIS broadcast previous aircraft are landing and ATC say nothing to the contrary other than "cleared to land?"

Then pick up the phone to the authority expressing concerns?? How about telling the boys and girls on finals?

I don't wish to be pugnacious but i wonder sometimes why it always has to be the crews or the operators at the S*tty end of the stick.