PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate releases report - affect to aviation
Old 14th Feb 2007, 07:55
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chuckles mate

Just come back from Brisvegas visiting grandaughter Chloe Anne and 30s something parents with a 5 degrees inc. a PhD between em, one of the degrees with Hons in Environmental Management.
The Global warming debate was much in the news and even L'il Johnny seems to have been spooked by the Stern report.

Anyroad I attempted a wide ranging discussion on the subject and how it may or may not affect our simply beautiful baby Chloe who, on the current longevity stats is likely to see out this century.

Result, global warming is not negotiable, its my generations (a boomer) fault, I have absolutley no idea of which I speak (as a father of three I thought I already knew that ) and anyway leave it up to us to sort out. Peak oil?? same.

It's funny that generation is soooooo bright and absolutely certain of themselves its scary, but sometimes they just dont get it. Mind you they might have learnt it off their boomer parents.

I also learnt over said weekend, that its the Gen Ys (I gotta son whose one of those) that are the real worry, they really dont care what happens they just want to "get themselves set" at whatever cost before it all turns to whatever grade of sh!t happens. "I'm here for a good time not a long time" was actually invented for them.