PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar StarClass
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 22:47
B A Lert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low salary is correct

JQ is just a low salary carrier to help Dixon reduce costs & conditions at Qantas Mainline. It's a pity his aim couldn't be achieved in a civilised manner rather than by 'inventing' Jetstar. We all know that Mainline conditions are out of whack with community standards (where's my hard hat?) but the bullies from TN have taken the easy way out.

JQ are certainly not low cost for most punters as most of the empirical eveidence suggests - what a shame some of the journalists don't make some comparative studies of the fare offerings and post their results. Only yesterday I was looking at Darwin-Singapore on 8th March, chosen totally at random. While the 'fess and taxes' on both Tiger and Jetscar were within a cent or so of each other, their fares certainly were not: JQ one way fare was $435 while Tiger were offering a fare of just $34.99. Admiitedly, Tiger depart at 0300 local but hey, $400 in your wallet instead of someone's hotel till makes a lot of sense. I ask you, who is really low cost?

By the way, as the JQ flights Cairns/Darwin to Singapore are operated by Jetstar Asia with their all economy A320's, their much promoted Starclass is not available.