PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 19:40
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA NQY LGW route

Although its hard to now exactly why BA is interested in this route, the debate about the reasons on here is very interesting. I mean NQY would seem like an unlikely destination for BA given previous experience in the market.

The whole noise that Ryanair made about new charges at the airport sounded like FR were going to pull out. And lets face FR tend to squeeze the small airports. With this in mind I can imagine the airport in fear of losing such substantial business offered great incentives for BA.

I also believe that BA wont adversely affect Air Southwest to much. BA will be getting alot of passengers into the system at LGW who will be connecting to BA destinations. BA will not be an option for the business traveller with one rotation a day.

Does anyone on here know or have any ideas on what the proportion of business/leisure passengers use the route?

BA would have this sort of info so I reckon that they would have a good handle on all that setting up the route?

What does anyone else think ? Now if Easyjet had been the operator to launch the route that could have been interesting .. FR may have came on to the same route.!!!