PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMed
Thread: BMed
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 12:04
George Foreman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rimmer, you need to check your information more carefully before reporting as fact. This is a rumour forum I know but I think you'll find that you are incorrect. Our information (from the Chief Exec) is that BMED do "own" the rights to all of their slot pairs at LHR. In common with other airlines, we have to use them, of course, otherwise they revert to an "unallocated" pool.

Further, we are told (and it makes perfect sense to me) that much of BMED's value as a going concern is the LHR slots together with the route consents etc which are not easy to obtain. Aircraft are commodities, they can be leased or ordered from a factory (albeit demand is strong at the moment and availability is not immediate, and a particular fit and finish comes at a price).

The bmi Group have taken over a company with a great, fun bunch of people who care about their work and who are very professional and supportive. We fly to some genuinely interesting places and we make the best of our life down route, when we have time. BMED is not for everyone but from skiing in Almaty, Teheran and Tblisi through to barbeques in hot and sunny Addis, our crew are great and we have a great time! Long may it continue..

Last edited by George Foreman; 15th Feb 2007 at 10:11. Reason: clarification