PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar StarClass
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 11:19
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The gentle art of avoiding may be the easiest way to combat Jetstaritis.

We book bucketloads of professional surfers to Bali and HNL, and they avoid JQ like the plague. On the HNL run, Hawaiian actually make JQ look excellent. At least it appears JQ cabin service and aeroplane presentation is up to scratch. So it should be.

The interesting thing is Garuda is within dollars generally on the Bali run with full service. The A330 is a nice beastie for both carriers, and GA landings are more impacts than a gentle arrival but the overall experience is excellent.

Thai are excellent value to HKT despite the BKK transit and come in close in price again with full service. It is all perception. Most of the travel occasionally traffic assume that because it is a LCC they are immediately getting a good deal.

A client called me from NAN to say his Virgin Pacific flight had been cancelled due to the Captain going U/S in SYD and they were stuck there overnight. There was an Air Pacific flight rolling 2 hours later and DJ had no transfer arrangement in place.

The flight I E ticketed for him was actually cheaper by $40.00 per person than the allged cheapie his wife bought online 6 months earlier - and with full service. They booked it themselves on the web and I was told to get rooted when I asked if they had called the web to fix it - in a friendly way - sort of!

LCCs are all the go with ultra cheap frares - UNTIL - the load starts to get a bit cheerful. From then on check the full service carriers. Generally the overall experience will be a damned side better.

Best all

EWL