PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 29th Apr 2006, 05:59
chopperpug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definately head North

Also hearing round the camps up here that Albatross are looking for a 44 driver out of Litchfield. Not sure how many hours a season they do up there, but given the amount of water we've just had.....its going to be a big one. Last time i checked the bloke to speak to was Mark Grosvenor. Also not sure on the...uummmm......pay...if you can call it that. Beautiful spot...and not to far from darwin. But there is also a lot of other operators up here with 44's, and its the best place to be. To answer your first question.....2 months, and 8500km to get my first job. And they even started paying me straight away. enough to buy beer at anyrate....(everything else was included.....if you can call a shipping container accomodation. Not fitted out with anything.)
I came up here for a year three years ago, just never got around to leaving. Its some of the best flying you will ever do, and some of the worst... but you don't get freedom like this anywhere else .

Just turn up at their door and don't leave...they get used to you after a while and just start assumming that you must work there.

edited to please Bellfest (and any of those CASA blokes... :o) and make sure that the young ones don't go out and get in to too much trouble early on. But just so you know....its out of MY system now...