PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger A320s to operate domestic downunder?
Old 12th Feb 2007, 07:45
Tutaewera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink pprune strikes again...

Amazes me where all these so-called figures and "facts" come from.

Tiger Mgt has not decided upon, let alone announced a pay package for the OZ op. Nor has anyone implied PER would be the base... So far its only been ppruners and journos thinking out loud.

Rumours may be rumours, but when ya really don't know, maybe its better to don't say...

I am sure we can all extrapolate the possibilities of Tiger SIN and OZ linking toger and with a regional(s), maybe even long haul low cost one day. But nobody knows, so why waste ones energy?

Tiger pays its SIN crews approx $185-200k pa SGD for CPTs and about $110-120k pa for F/O's (all in), and has quite a few Ozzies amongst them, (who may well take some OZ slots). Their crews were recently told the OZ deal will be very competitive, and yes - they know what Jetstar and VB pay.

Tiger learnt the hard way at the very start (2004) that unhappy and underpaid crews leave and can cause chaos in doing so. The new CEO fixed that ASAP and I doubt very much that they would risk the same again.

As for the low pay for 727 cargo crews. What does one expect? Apples and Oranges. Try hiring A320 crews these days, they don't grow on trees...