PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LoCo airlines busting minima in LVP's at STN?
Old 11th Feb 2007, 19:10
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not making any assumptions at this stage. Just stating the facts as I remember them. However, the reason this all came to light was because of the number of flights that made approaches that night and continued to a landing. It was the ATC guys that expressed their concerns.

Is there another example of a busy airport which had LVP's with reduced minima due to equipment outages where so many a/c continued to make approaches? I don't know.

The only fact about this case is that all the approaches made were by LoCo operators. Were there any non-LoCo operators that were scheduled to land at STN that night? If not then the stats don't mean a whole lot. If there were, then draw your own conclusions. BTW, are you the same Rocket Ron that I used to fly with on the B757/767? If so, then you are not flying for a LoCo operator and in which case, validates my point.

Hopefully a lesson was learnt that night. Perhaps the airlines concerned should have an LVP checklist that they can refer to before doing their approach/landing brief. In the airline I work for we have one and it makes you double check the notams for anything that might affect the minimums to be applied. If you are a Jepp user then it certainly beats trying to find the relevant info in their complex publication.