PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LoCo airlines busting minima in LVP's at STN?
Old 11th Feb 2007, 12:39
the grim repa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will stay and fight to better this company,as i have always done.Just because it is a step up from jet2,don't make it a good operation.Before you start to point the finger about negativity,look back on your own posts and check you are not staring into a mirror.appearances can be very deceptive.

I have no major beef with the crews who bust the minimas,what i have a problem with the company structure that allows this to go on and the training structure who looks to further their own careers and line their own pockets while handing out substandard training to clowns who are stupid enough to pay for that sub standard training.

the lights had been out for some time,the info on failed and downgraded equipment is available in the lo vis ops manual and jeppesen, that night,most people were holding and requesting alternate status and there was ryanair aircraft who were bypassing the hold at high speed to get in.there was huge potential for disaster that night and it is only by sheer luck that an aircarft did not go off the runway.would you be happy if your family were on one of those aircraft.

what would i have done to the crew who bust the minimas.it should have been prevented not cured.why was it not,because we can see from flight international and internal memo that the chief pilot is quoted in both as saying that he "does not now that lack of runway lighting would effect landing minima".if you think that is acceptable,dandy,i do not and because io cannot voice this opinion openly within ryanair for fear of recrimination,i am forced to voice it here.if you do not like it here,bury your head a little deeper in the sand and everything will be fine.you can always leave.