PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2007, 04:29
CARGOJOCK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Truth Hurts

gentleman,

you all just withnessed the attitude many mainline rats have of us cargolads.

beggers,bush pilots etc... none of us are those. we have had the opportunity to have had the wide experience to walkabout that has brought us to SQC.

what SIA/SQC has to offer is the country.it is safe,clean with a system, this is what many were attracted to and now have the real picture. singapore as a whole is about money. this is all they have to live for,as for us we were in for an adventure. speak to many of the local young blokes they are just in for the money.

B744 is a good rating to have for future cargo fleets will need this rating and a few with the new B74-8 pax aircraft.

our inputs have made a sigificant impact and has had effects for change. i think the changes will finally come to the fleet but when is the question.

with the A380 due and until many of the golden oldies on the B744 fly off to this fleet "NO CHANGES WILL TAKE PLACE". SORRY BUT THATS A HARD FACT AND IT HURTS.

we must hold a firm stand "THEY NEED US" we must keep ourselfs marketable. they tried us initially for cheap then none joined they increased the basic and recruitment was better. now with rosters crazy, low flying many are leaving...S$7000 what is that, that was mearly a figure we just fell for it.

when shove comes to push SQ/SQC is a better bet that KAL/ASIANA/JET or other regional offers. but i will make the best of these fellows at their expense.

remember all this is because of the "hatched man" the day he passes away all hell will break loose in this place as none of the others can think as they are only the mouth pieces, that will be the begining of the end. i do not think the system will hold but it will surely hold longer that in other countries.

sorry i got carried away but all this is all from my heart!