PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor in Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2007, 03:10
dream747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for sharing.

The Aviation degree is really the course I would really like to do afterall that's where my interest lies. It seems that this degree is hardly recognised in any other jobs as would an engineering or business degree. I mean my first and in fact my only ambition is to become a pilot and the aviation degree is second to none for this profession but it seems that it is virtually impossible to find job as a pilot in Australia and New Zealand. My question is if a student ends up not being able to secure a flying job what else can he or she do with this qualification? Although this is really what I would like to study and do but this degree is really expensive and not having any job is the last thing I would want to get myself into. For those who did the aviation degree with the CPL, do you know of people not making it into the industry? Are there any other job prospects for this degree? If it's all or nothing it definately is a big gamble.

The other option I'm looking at is to do a degree in another discipline and learn flying at the same time, probably the PPL. I think it's too much to take doing a CPL concurrently with a degree. I mean for this I have something to fall back on but flying's really what I would really like.

ckhy, did you fnd work after doing your degree in australia as an international student? How's the situation like?

Cheers!