PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What does ATC do that 'irks' you?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2007, 12:23
Shitsu_Tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was mainly referring to AF being off duty - but you are correct about AF giving a WX OBS and likelihood of getting VIS by the Minima. But the Missed Apch still has to be protected - i.e. what if you make a missed approach for a non-wx related problem?

It is not possible to fly any of the IAL in to AF OCTA anyway - as far as I can tell. (In fact, I don't think you can legally comply with LSALT and get in NVFR without a clearance.)

Generally 01 ILS traffic is assigned 2500FT for the approach - but it can be assigned 3000 or even vectored (shhh, don't tell the noise lobby!) for a slighly shorter final to facilitate the AF IAL.

Profile is fine - and of you can consistently fly it - well done. You are amongst the 20-25% who do.

It is not that often the 28RNAV gets flown anyhow - I am quite surprised you have had any issues. Usually we see the Radar NDB APP('s). Let's not talk about profile there.

I only mentioned RLSALT because you brought it up - BTW legally we can not use them anyhow for OCTA traffic under NORMAL OPS.

What was the irk again?