PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2007, 08:36
Phil Squares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have sat back and watch the barbs fly, but since it seems to have subsided I will just offer my comments.

First of all, when I joined 3 years ago, there was a different CP. A very trustworthy man who recognized what needed to be done to make SIAC a "decent" place to work. We discussed that in the interview and he seemed very sincere in his desire to change things. However, after a point, he too got tired of hitting his head against the wall And now he's back on the line (mainline) and is a true gentleman.

I have completed my contract (shortly) and I will elect to vote with my feet. It's off to greener pastures (perhaps I should say brown). The sad part is any organization that has figured the attrition rate into their staffing just doesn't get it! Granted every company will always have some attrition but not like this. Employees are an asset and as such they should be treated like that! They're not a disposable commidity that must be tossed by the use by date. If you look at successful companies, the employees are treated in a reasonable, respectful manner. They are part of the "team".

In Cargo there has been no attempt or effort to build any sort of team. The current management (specifically the CP) has squandered a perfect opportunity to do that. As a result, people are quite quite unhappy and they are voting with their feet. Pilots, both Captains and First Officers, are leaving in record numbers. Most of those leaving still have their bonds and they really don't care what happens. Thankfully, the company has not enforced the terms and has been letting people leave on fairly good terms.

Anyhow, I think it's a terrible waste of talent. There are a lot of good, dedicated pilots at SIAC and they won't stay. The comments made about beggars, I thought was uncalled for. The pilots who will leave will have no problem getting jobs anyplace. It's the pilots who don't have any other choice that will cause problems.

Anyhow, good luck to all those that remain and good luck to anyone who's even thinking of going there. Your eyes have been opened!