PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2007, 05:36
gengis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bananas:

Right. I am from the mainline and so am not quite in the same position as you are. Nevertheless i believe it fair to say that irrespective of the specific issues at hand (believe me, we do have issues on this side too), it all boils down to that all important ingredient - trust. I speak for myself when i say that if i feel that i can trust the people i work for, that they can be relied upon to act in my best interests as can reasonably be expected of any company which places value on its people, then i would gladly go to the ends of the world for them (I presume this to be the case for you guys over there as well). Sadly, after repeated & numerous experiences to the contrary, of how SIA Mgmt has tried to pull off stunt after stunt without so much as a semblance of shame, trust is hardly a word that comes to my mind as far as these people are concerned. Trust - once lost - is not easily regained.

And so, it holds true that our decisions for the future are very much dictated by our experiences of the past. As the saying goes, 'Cheat me once, shame on you; cheat me twice - shame on me.'