PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bachelor in Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2007, 21:05
mar1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi just thoght id share my view on things. i wanted to be a pilot since as far back as i can remember. i had this big master plan where id finish school go to college do my A-levels. then once that had happened id start applying for cadet courses such as CTC. but that all went out the window when my parents decided to move me to new zealand. i had every intention of going back to england to carry on chasing my dream. after researching my options in new zealand i found out about a course run through the "nelson and malbourgh institute of technology" (cant spell sorry) the course was a diploma in aviation science. i was abit sceptical at first because i had no intention of going to uni, i wanted to go straight into training. but after having a good look into the course structure i can do that anyway. there are certain points where you can pull out of the course. cpl IR ATPL instructor rating. or you can carry on and do management papers and so on. so once ive reached my goal i will just pull out of the course without doing any diploma or degree papers and have my fATPL MEIR acrobatics rating, banner tow rating, parachute rating, pritty much any rating i want. and best of all its all on a interest free student loan. the full course is estimated to cost $80,000 nz dollars so ruffly £27,000 sterling. now thats a darn site cheaper than any training course available in england. far CTC course your talking £70,000 sterling and thats a bank loan. my training facility is accross the airfeild from where CTC do all there training. (on a personal note CTCs students and staff are so bloody ignorant. taxiing past, give them a wave to be courtious they just look at you blank) but anyway yea thats my story lol