PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2007, 20:48
Cyberbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as stated obove - by Captain Clueless - who hit the nail spot on with his posting about the 90-150 left pilots (that's close to 10 % !!) who voted with their feet ...
.... "I think there must be some real questioning going on somewhere "upstairs" as to how EK descended into its current situation-I had 8 great years at EK and another final 3 were highly disappointing watching some unreal decisions unfold"
... and as it looks to me: EK- recruitment is now getting pretty desperate to attract any qualified pilots at all, if You see that - first time ever to me! - full page advertisment @ Flight International this week !
Desparation is starting to kick in recruitment obviously - and those "crums" like that crappy 6% payrise - vs. the 20% the UAE local-employees in government offices get (from 1st Jan. respectively !!) - is contributing to that "downward spiral", as it does by no means outbalance the massive loss buying power, and the skyrocketing rents here - don't even think, how much we've actually lost against the Euro in the last 4-5 years - i reckon, my salary went down some 25 % against the Euro in the meantime
- well - i've updated my CV and looking actively, like so many others now