PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2007, 22:01
Air Kojak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gatwick Medical Transport

TOP TIP!!

This may be jumping the gun a bit for the focus of most of these posts, but none the less usefull.

I've just returned from Gatwick today after sitting (and thankfully passing) the Class 1 Medical. If you are having to fly to Gatwick (or even travel by train for that matter), heres a small tip for getting to the CAA building. My initial instinct was to get an airport taxi the short ride, purely because I didn't know where to go exactly and if it was walkable. To my horror, it cost me £8.50 for what on a good day I reckon I could have hit with a good stones throw. Needles to say I enquired about alternative methods of travel upon leaving the CAA.

I was informed that there is a local bus service that stops just round the corner from the CAA (outside the BT building to be more precise). This service is FREE within the airport vicinity. Its only 2 stops to Gatwick South terminal and it tells you on the LCD display what stop is next

My advice, if your having to get from airport to CAA building, just ask someone where the local bus stop is and read the timetables there. There are only 2 services that run service 10 and service 20.

Hope this is useful info for someone and prevents them from the 10 minutes spent in a 1 way system with a moaning cockney taxi driver. And £17 better off.

Good Luck