PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LoCo airlines busting minima in LVP's at STN?
Old 30th Apr 2006, 19:54
flapsarefun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orni and A4 ...knowing the limit (from training)and RECOGNISING when it is to be applied are 2 different things(ie due lack of prep time , fatigue etc). BUSY B, A4, HAUGHTY probably work in an airline that supports their pilots rather than feeding off their backs! Are u guys SOOOO wrapped up in cotton wool all the time? ... or just have never flown 900 in 9 months.

Clearly 'haughty' wont be happy until I state the obvious. OF COURSE minima should not be busted. Where minima are concerned there is only black n white. Shoutin high handed rmks about lack of training tells me u know nothing of low fares. .... you lucky girl. And as for you BUSY B in HKG.....well do they still serve you colonial tea whilst briefing your highness with the notams as you sort the world out?....not an fr luxury in 5 mins! Actually most FR Capts do report early and make every effort to do the right thing and read the appropriate paperwork.

But WE should should care about the ROOT of the problem and not be sniping at each other. To paint a picture, company pressure is institutionalised in FR. (see me rmks on report times). I suspect the minima increase was perhaps missed by trained but fatigued guys at the end of a 4 sector day in a 20 sector week who had not enuf time to read the notams properly at the start of the day. Not 100% condonable but it is arrogant of some of the above to absolve 'small factor' company pressure. FR will dish out 'Raps on knuckles' but the irony is that FR should be changing their policy of pilot intimidation and overwork to one of support.... maybe even borrow some cotton wool from Haughty.