PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets Ab Initio & Cadet issues
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2007, 21:14
smallfry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry that you feel that there is an unfairness to this proposal, but it is standard practice with cadet schemes vs DEP schemes. If a company is going to get Cadets trained the way they want, following their training progress carefully, with lots of intermediate checks and markers, then they will accept low hours. But if somebody who they have no idea of the quality of their training comes along (DEP), then NetJets, (and any other company running the same sort of scheme) has to set a 'standard'. The minimum of which is 1500 Hrs and a frozen ATPL. -or whatever, generally dictated by insurances, but I am not sure of the fine details.
Before you jump on me, I had to work my way through to where I am now. No 'rich father', as somebody said.
Nobody said aviation owed us anything.
However, if and when you do have the 1500 hrs and if you still want a job with NJE, I am sure that they would be pleased to have you, and you would do as well as anyone else. You would after all have 1500 hrs more than the cadets and would therefore be that far ahead when it came to Upgrades and Long Haul fleets.