PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2007, 14:24
BANANASBANANAS

Received 122 Likes on 62 Posts
Not Really CJ

Its called having a balanced outlook on life and speaking the truth as you find it - as opposed to maybe having tunnel vision, bad attitude and an agenda.

Yes, my last 3 months rosters have been awful and DCP's have been made aware of my thoughts in words of one syllable. But the previous 9 or 10 rosters were ok. I like to think I can give credit where it's due and criticise also where it's due.

Will things improve in SIA Cargo? I don't honestly know. But some decent, well intentioned people are doing their level best to improve matters. If they fail we shall leave. If they succeed we shall stay. If my COP at the end of March is an indication of the way ahead then progress already appears to have been made.

What we will definitely not do is complain non stop for a year whilst remaining within the company. Any impression I may have previously created was borne of an honest appraisal of the situation at the time. My recent posts are no different.

"Eat my heart out?" - No, I don't think so. Criticise? Yes, Make Suggestions? Yes. Give time to assess the new COP's at work? Yes. Hopefully I will be able to state in a future post how happy we are with the new COP's. If not then we will wish the company well and bid them a civilised goodbye.

That there are things wrong with SIA Cargo at the moment is undeniable, but whilst there are genuine efforts being made to address failings I think we will give the company a chance while continuing to make them acutely aware of our grievances.

A mass sick note campaign which you advocated in an earlier post would have bad consequences for all, would fail in its purpose and alienate the very people that are at this moment trying to help our situation.

As 4PW's quite rightly said. You are on your own with your titanium whatnots if you choose that course of action.

If things improve, they will improve for all - even you. Why not give the company a chance whilst continuing to register your unhappiness but in a manner that the company might listen to constructively?