PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets Ab Initio & Cadet issues
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 18:43
smallfry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a NetJets pilot, I am not against the program.
I think that we have an opportunity to move forward a few steps here. Up until now we have such a variety of backgrounds it is 'a challenge' to get everyone standardised. With the cadets the standards should be there from the start.
The training department is working very hard at setting up a program to expose the cadets to all the most commonly visited 'tricky' airports. - Before they fly with owners. They will not be let loose until the TRE/TRI and standards guys have approved their progress. They will fly with lots of line trainers who have a task ahead, granted, but some of the 'experienced' guys we have been training aren't so quick to change old habits and learn new procedures. A fresh approach might be just what we need. They will not be expecting to jump straight into the left hand seats, and so will be content to learn and absorb as much as they can, and vitally, gain experience on the job.
The Marketing department are well aware of what the owners are sold... they sold it to them.
They are going to have to explain to the owners that cadet pilots are only going to be flying with us when they have met the same standard as everyone else on the line. The Captain will not be a low houred cadet. Our TREs/TRIs, Standards Captains, Line trainers and Captains are on the whole a very level headed, solid bunch of professional guys and gals.
I hope that the cadets that succeed with us are going to rise to the challenge, and enjoy the job.
Nobody in the company has ever said that this is the easiest job in Europe, and it takes a certain type of person to fit in, but the people on the line are fun, friendly, and will welcome the new pilots with pleasure.
The Netjets critics will get all irritated by my post, but the vast majority of NetJets pilots will feel similarly to me.
Welcome to you all, and lets hope some of the Lisbon support people can make a few of their dreams come true with this chance to fly as well.