PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet in MAD
Thread: easyJet in MAD
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 08:48
Ugly Duck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I do not get it! You agree that what they are doing at eazy is not right, yet you back it up.
Guys you are going to get what your are asking for. The airlines in Spain are going to treat you as second class pilots. Not because of the quality of flying (which I am sure is as good as in many other places), but as the cheap ones. Eazy is lowering the wages in Spain. Instead of showing your disgust with it, you praise it.
What is wrong with you people? I am not arguying that if you do not have a better choice you take this one. What I am making myself clear about is that: you are already with your pants down, waiting. Thus, that is the way they are going to treat you.
There might be too many pilots unemployed in Spain, but many of them abandoned the profession a long time ago. You have companies such as Click and Vueling paying peanuts. The moment you accept to pay a type rating and earn well below average wages you are committing suicide. With the amount you get paid in these companies you will never recover what you have paid for your type rating.
Whenever it comes to answering that question of, are you willing to pay for the A-320 type conversion? Say no. Either that, or moan the rest of your lifes.
Guys, I am not trying to piss you off. I am just letting you know that if you take the money of your type rating and invest in the stock market, at the end of the year your are going to have a profit on your investment. Plus you will also have the wages of whatever other job you have found. Not to say that if many of you did so you could, perhaps, be working for an airline.