PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 18:59
portquartercv67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CARGOJOCK

Why should pilots stop complaining? Everyone has a different point at which he raises the bull**** flag. Your's is higher than others. Happy for you. As far as I gather, the complaint is primarily the same. SIAC misrepresented by a huge margin what compensation we would receive. Do you disagree with that assertion? Were you told at the interview that you could expect approximately $7000 PPA but some months it might be 2-3000 less? I was not told that when I pointedly asked the question what my compensation would be. Did you even ask what you could expect to earn? Are you achieving $7000 +/- 10% in the months you don't have training or leave? I think that's a reasonable degree of variation. I think SIAC expects me to show up for at least 90% of my trips. Regards your suggestion about a group sickout. Not a good idea. Remember the American Airlines pilots that organized a grassroots sickout campaign? They were skewered by the courts. Would not go over well here.

TAUFANGANAS

Please explain to me and other readers why we should have known better? Sounds like you were privy to this inside knowledge and were quite ok with it before joining; that is if you are in fact working for SIAC.

B744LOCAL

I assume you are a captain. Care to share with the forum as a point of reference "approximately" what your monthly total compensation is in non training/leave months? Would you care to share with us how many hours you flew last year? Have you/would you try to cherry pick a COP that has already been put on a cargo pilot's roster? An ungrateful beggar would like to know.

Thank you