PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unity
Thread: Unity
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 11:24
Captahab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relax Keg, its nothing personal...its just aviation

Lets go through this slowly...

Given that you can't follow the logic Ahab let me spell it out for you nice and simple.
OK, what logic is it that I cannot follow, the only logic I see in your discussion is that the great unwashed have rattled your cage and all that stuff they told about how you are the best may have been lies...I mean good grief someone else is gonna fly overseas from Aus...Oh dear, Reggie have you heard the news !!

YOU made the point that unity is something that QF crew have only gotten into in the last 18 months.I disagree entirely with that prospect and that QF drivers for a considerably longer time than that have believed in unity. As an example I quoted Dehavilanddriver, who I have always understood to be a Virgin Pilot, making the point that we should be all working together.
I may be wrong but I tend to think that if you need to quote someone who you 'think' is a Virgin pilot to support your argument I will wait for further evidence as there definitely never was any evident in the outside world.

Now here is where your logic fails you. Me, as a long time QF employee agreed with that statement. Therefore your delusions about it only being on QF drivers minds in the last 18 months are just that. As my quotes show, a QF driver was talking unity three years ago.
If you were a long time QF employee you would be a 744 Capt with a son who is about to get his Royal golf club membership and his QF seniority number for his birthday.
Existing SO's may be able to lay claim to that title in years to come, as FO's if they get lucky.

My (delusions) comments are based on the fact that I have never heard of any statements either first or second hand that ever gave any indication of any signs of unity by QF drivers with any group outside QF, quite the opposite in fact.

Were the forums able to search back to May 2001 and I reckon you'd find QF drivers talking about unity of the QF pilot group back then when we first bought Impulse. If you go back earlier than that then again I reckon you'll find QF drivers talking about a unified pilot group at earlier times.
They certainly were talking about it, but for exactly the opposite reasons to the proposal that you are trying to defend.

So bang on all you like but the reality is that most QF drivers know the history. I'm just determined that your delusional ramblings don't go uncorrected.
In typical fashion (as expected), any statement that may resemble reality is responded to by a derogatory comment.
That says it all really

Ahab