PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unity
Thread: Unity
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 10:42
KABOY

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Max,

I am not tarring the current AIPA with the same brush of old.What I am saying is that every member must look at recent events. No current member of AIPA want to be accountable for events six years ago. I stress member, not COM member!

Six years ago AN collapsed, Impulse was aquired, QF experienced unprecedented growth while other airlines were hitting the wall or downsizing their fleets to grapple with the cash crisis they were experiencing. Pilots joining QF or receiving upgrades within QF saw a bright horizon; what I saw was the beginning of an industrial war being launched in the back rooms of QF, I was in the middle of it. I tried to point this out to various QF people who were all AIPA members. Nobody wanted to listen as their careers were progressing well, times have now changed wouldn't you say?

In order to be unified you have to now justify why we need to be, not because you are now being dealt the same hand that some other subsidiary pilots felt five years ago. Your careers are under threat that is obvious, put forward a convincing case that doesn't just serve your own cause!