PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unity
Thread: Unity
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 09:05
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Given that you can't follow the logic Ahab let me spell it out for you nice and simple. YOU made the point that unity is something that QF crew have only gotten into in the last 18 months. I disagree entirely with that prospect and that QF drivers for a considerably longer time than that have believed in unity. As an example I quoted Dehavilanddriver, who I have always understood to be a Virgin Pilot, making the point that we should be all working together. Now here is where your logic fails you. Me, as a long time QF employee agreed with that statement. Therefore your delusions about it only being on QF drivers minds in the last 18 months are just that. As my quotes show, a QF driver was talking unity three years ago.

Were the forums able to search back to May 2001 and I reckon you'd find QF drivers talking about unity of the QF pilot group back then when we first bought Impulse. If you go back earlier than that then again I reckon you'll find QF drivers talking about a unified pilot group at earlier times.

So bang on all you like but the reality is that most QF drivers know the history. I'm just determined that your delusional ramblings don't go uncorrected.

KABOY, as members we were kept largely in the dark. I remember being told directly and to my face by someone quite high in the association at the time that we were 'working with the impulse and regional pilots about representation'. Time has shown that to be a lie. Call me industrially naieve at the time.

As to this:
The problem with past events are that they have an irreversible effect on the future. You can't sweep history under the carpet and expect to start afresh to confront the brave new industrial world. What has occured can be paralleled to the 'beaten dog syndrome'.

Whether it was yesterday or a decade ago, people have long memories and there are still people within your organisation who orchestrated these past events.
Yep. I get it. I understand it. I understand that it causes us issues and I understand the reticent that some feel about it. My post was about not banging on about it over and over again on this thread. Less than 200 out of 2300 crew were in QF when AIPA split from AFAP. We have less than 300 that were 'heroes' (as they are known in the PPRUNE venacular) in '89. Since '92 QF have employed some 1200 crew- more than half their pilot body. It's time to put a line under that and move on.

Those who fail to learn the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them. I couldn't agree more. However those who continue to look to the past fail to see the future passing them by.....or as my mother put it the other day, 'the longer you look backward over your shoulder, the closer you are to walking into oncoming traffic'.