PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2007, 05:39
BANANASBANANAS

Received 119 Likes on 59 Posts
I can see both points of view here. Although I agree with 4PWs sentiments there is nothing to be gained by public name calling. I actually think we should be honoured by B744 Local deigning to grace us all with a comment. After all, it took him 53 years to make his first post and he did choose our thread!

That said, the previous poster seems to imply that if $7k pcm is advertised but subsequently not forthcoming then it is our fault for taking what we were told at interview and read in "Flight" at face value. Is he therefore implying that SIA Cargo are guilty of misrepresentation?

I told SIA Cargo at interview that they could "expect" me to utilise max discretion possible to get the aircraft around the track. I assume that they now have no problem with my rounding down their "expectations" to a max of 1 hour? To continue with the analogy from the previous post, lets call it a "downward shift in the stock market" shall we?

There is an awful lot of bad feeling towards the company at the moment. Yes, some efforts are being made by some decent, well intentioned people to try to address the problems. But despite the assurances of "jam tomorrow" we still see no improvement. I strongly suspect that the only "improvements" we will see are those that suit and do not disadvantage mainline. Anything else will be "deferred" pending more research.

One of my Cargo colleagues has just been removed from an 18 day Cargo COP which has been given, without explanation, to a mainline pilot. In return he gets a 5 day trip and a lot of standby days. Not acceptable! The mantra (or is it manure?) from management that we are not treated as second class citizens is shown up for the smokescreen that it is with each COP change

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 1st Feb 2007 at 08:39.