PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/atlas Merger Unfair
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 17:20
DHC2 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the FE's being offerred a furlough, true, but with a caveat. The union had to agree not to contest AAWH's plans on transferring Polar assets (whatever they were) to Atlas, which was against our CBA. So the FE's had two choices, one get furloughed never to be recalled, or take the termination and our chances the management was wrong. Given the choices, the latter was the only choice.
Yup that is what I heard. I didn't figure it as a player at the time as the assets in questions were primarily Atlas assets being transferred back to Atlas.

But Atlas is getting their pound of flesh now. When were terminated we drew unemployment and when we were reinstated, AAWH deducted the amount of unemployment from our checks to repay the state.
That was predictable by the agreement. "Made whole" and "re-instated" are quite a bit different from "reimbursed all back pay" and "recalled." it is all in the whimp-words that JC uses.

Now our W-2 show us being paid the unemployment, and they never did pay back the state, although that was the agreement. If effect, we are having to pay tax on money we never received.
Not sure that equation works. Did you get the money or not?

As far as integrity I totally agree with you. Integrity, leadership, stewardship, business plan, honesty, ethics, - all those are words that are foreign to Atlas corporate culture. It would be lovely to think that the new third floor will change that culture and impose it on the second floor.

Good luck to you wherever you are. And good luck to the rest of us poor slobs too old to go anywhere else.