PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet
Thread: Silverjet
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 08:16
BestonBoard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Morisette, fyi... have just got home after landing at 7 this am... o/b service involves pre-boarding drinks with warm nuts, before our silver crew take post take off drinks orders, after distributing menus... After take off drinks are served, orders taken by service coords n IFM's for starters and mains... lunch served starting at 12, 5 course dinner (choice of appetisers and entrees), fully plated up in a bistro style, this is accompanied by warm bread, 2 choices of red, 2 choices of white.... (appetiser, entree, desert, cheese & port, coffee).... afternoon tea is served during the flight... this is a surprise tho, no cucumber sandwiches here! alongside bar service on demand, personal IFE etc... Demo is personal! i.e Manual, the a/c has been refitted, no PSU's here! All customers have their own personal IFE system, which is powered by the seat (alongside their laptop if they want to use it), no call bells, no air vents!, Personal reading lights are multi phasing, at the touch of the customers control, at their own seat!

Inbound starts the same, evening meal served asap... 5 courses offered again, but we aim to max sleep time, so customers can choose exactly what they want to eat... british meals and specials o/b, US meals n specials I/B... the cabin is a quiet zone! No PA's, no call bells, no lights! PAX sleep until Top of Drop, when they are served with breakfast, which they can carry off, if they like!

Typical stopover approx 30 hours, crew have a top class hotel in New Jersey, approx 30 min train journey from NYC, but everything is there if needed, crew discounts on bar and food, complimentary breakfast etc...

Private terminals both ends, so our customers never have long to wait (30 minute check in!) I'm a service coordinator myself... won't deny a 7hr 30 flight goes very quick when you maintain these standards! Already have some high profile customers on board, some of the nicest people you can meet!!!

Where did you hear about Bermuda???? you'll have to tell me more! Rosters at the moment are averagin about 5.5 - 6 trips per month... as far as flight pay is concerned it's quite healthy!

Crew are amazing! You can tell why they selected us, I think we all have the exact same personalities and manerisms! It feels like we're one big family already, and we're ever growing! I'm so excited to be an inaugral member of the silverjet team! They know how to look after their crew, F/C, C/C and all the top management all are on en even level as regards to feedback! Heck there's people here who have started up multi billion pound companies now, and they still greet you with a warm handshake, smile and treat you as if they've known you for years!

I appreciate there will still be sceptics out there! But I honestly believe SILVERJET is something that even HRH Liz herself will be soooooo proud of!

If you want a more indepth look, check out this link... it's available on the web now anyway... only gutted they cut my head off when I was serving champagne!

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/silverjet/26686/