PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/atlas Merger Unfair
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2007, 15:39
Heilhaavir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's not turn this into another childish rhetoric thread.

I'm glad you guys got the money that was owed to you. As you say the CBA had to be honored and the arbitrator(s) helped you do that. As per the CBA they could not not furlough out of seniority. When the Classics were parked, all FEs would have had to be kept on the payroll until the last junior guy/girl transitioned to the 400. Also all FEs that met the mins to go to the right seat, seniority permitting , had to be trained. So JC tried to save some money and terminated all FEs that didn't meet the mins to upgrade. It didn't work and the arbitrator(s) made him reinstate them all. In the end JC didn't lose anything since he would have had to pay you guys as long as someone junior to you had to be cross trained. He merely gave you back what he was supposed to give you all along.

Now, the Kasher arbitration was the most important one. If he had ruled in PO's favor then AAWH would have had to bring back airplanes on the PO side until a merger would take place. That was the one you needed to win to get everybody back in the seat. It didn't turn out that way, he ruled against you, and I'm sure your MEC will fight it while AAWH will do all it can to keep the planes where they are (ok maybe minus 355). Will you win at the end? I don't know. Will everybody be recalled? I don't think so and, as I've written in a previous post, I'd be glad to be proven wrong. But you need to understand the difference between "reinstatement" and "recall". You guys were wrongfully terminated and were reinstated. The FOs benefited from that ruling, great. Back pay for them is way better than expected but the majority might not get their job back, at least right now.

I've obviously been gone far too long to know exactly what's happening there anymore (am I glad I left before all this s#*t happened even though I'd still have a job), but I still keep in touch with many of you. Just last week an FO called me to tell me he had just gotten off the phone with the CP to check in for a class date and the answer he got was "I don't know what your MEC is telling you but there is no class date for you, you're not coming back".

Wish you all the best and I'll repeat myself to the ones who found a job elsewhere, DON'T QUIT your new employer for now. Take the $$ while their coming and see what happens next.

Cheerios!