PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Association of Trainee Pilots: Recruiting Here!
Old 30th Jan 2007, 01:13
Will964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a tired argument indeed. I completed my training in 1997 at a CAP509 school and over half my classmates were BA cadets. I remember having many conversations with them where they explained to me that by paying for my fATPL training I was ruining the industry and stopping people who deserved to fly from getting sponsorships. Ten years on and now you guys are saying the same about TRs. Don’t you see it’s all the damn same? The day you paid for your first lesson in an aircraft was the day you said “Airlines don’t need to pay for pilot training”, where you draw to line and say “I will pay for no more” is down to personal opinion and personal wealth (debt). As time has proven people will continue to pay to get into this industry and airlines will continue to exploit this with worsening Ts & Cs. Forget the TR debate and ask yourself why are there so many commercial pilots out there when training is so amazingly expensive, pilots are overworked and underpaid and it’s obvious there aren’t enough jobs? Find out who/what is to blame (Flight training establishments?) and go after them, not the average pilot who is desperately following the only/last route available to them!