PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flyBe GPWS incident (rumour)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2007, 01:03
L/D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snigs, get a life! I've flown with the Captain you're referring to and have never had a problem with him. I've always found him to be professional, relaxed and approachable, and until reading your posts, didn't know you had issues. Easy to bad mouth someone who no longer works with you!!

I notice you haven't said one bad word about the F/O involved in the incident. Is that because you did your course together? Is she not partially to blame? Afterall, its about working together as a team.

I always found the Captain willing to allow the F/O to make decisions and develop as a pilot, but never at the expense of safe operations. However it would appear on this occasion that his trust was slightly misplaced.

You need the strength of character to speak up for yourself if you're not happy. Since the F/O was PF, she had the option to do this at anytime and when the EGPWS went off, they went around. No orbits. End of story.

We continue to learn in this profession, and if you've learnt all there is to know, I wouldn't want to fly with you anymore! If you can honestly say that you've never made a mistake, I take my hat off to you.

Be careful of throwing stones in glasshouses.