PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taceval Tales
Thread: Taceval Tales
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2007, 20:49
threeputt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waddo Late 70's

I will need some help on this one but, at the time it was a classic. 4x Vulcan B2 cocked and at 15 min readiness sitting on the ORP.The rest of the ac (extra 25+ ac) are similarly at readiness but, disispersed around the airfield prior to the expected "elephant walk through". It then becomes a bit cloudy in my memory but, what I seem to remember was that we had a " This is the bomber controller for Bomblists Charlie, Delta etc, etc RS 02, I authenticate etc,etc." This was followed by " This is the bomber controller for bomblist Charlie, scramble I authenticate Blah, Blah etc, etc" Lester Ja****n, in finger one on the ORP, then authenticates back to Ops and is, ostensibly, cleared to go on the real mission (getting more difficult to remember what really happened next). This wasn't what "Fingers" Macey really wanted at all and so either he or OC Ops jumped in their waggon and hared across the grass and plonked himself in front of Lesters jet which, by this time was at about 60%, lined up and ready to go! Lot's of pointing and himself and mouthing "It's me, don't go" eventually had the desired effect and the launch was aborted. Talk about Dr Strangelove; please correct/ammend where necessary.

3P