PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Association of Trainee Pilots: Recruiting Here!
Old 29th Jan 2007, 16:24
Baboon Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I first say that some of you have I think taken my post way too seriously, esp the Constitution. Of course some of the demands are in practice probably un-attainable in their present form, but the key to any negotiations are to demand more than what you need, so that you can give some ground to end up with what you actually need.

I am however to be honest angry and disappointed by the responses my idea has received. Rather than embrace and offer support to my proposals, which anyone can see are for the long term greater good of the flying profession, the majority of the responses seem to cast scorn upon them in a kind of smug, self gratifying way. You are all children of Thatcher's Britain!

Sin Bin, it is exactly people like you, with their desire to get ahead of other wannabes, which ruin the airline recruitment game.

You say that you first tried to get a job without a TR, but all the airlines you rang required one. Why was that?
Because they have enough mugs such as yourselves are prepared to pay for one, thats why. You then yourself add to the problem by doing the same! You are in my opinion a disgrace to your profession for allowing yourself to be taken for a ride so badly, and if your true identity ever be known the GAPT shall ensure that you fall foul of article 6 of the constitution! You may feel very pleased with yourself that you are about to jump the queue and buy yourself a job, but when you are ostricised from your profession, well we'll see.

At the end of the day I would like to say:
- The aims of the GATP will, if sucessful, be of great benefit to the aviation industry as a whole, and that includes ALL wannabes reading this forum.
- The GATP will, if it has enough support, be able to make lasting changes. If enough people join then the airlines will have to scrap their type rating requirements as there will simply not be enough people with TRs, for them to employ. The GATP will, once it has a certain amount of members, snowball in size, once it has enough members to begin to influence airline recruitment.

-GATP recruitment will, if carried out at a grass roots level (FTOs, ATPL ground schools, etc) before people become tempted to buy a TR, be sucessful in gaining enough support to make a difference.

-Affiliation with BALPA will I think be key to the GATPs sucess. Support from established airline pilots for our cause will add great weight to our organisation. I have had discussions via the phone a BALPA representative this afternoon who at this stage have agreed in principle with the need for some kind of action.

-May I also add that, since its conception last night, the GATP can now count 11 frozen ATPL holders as members, and will in the very near future I think be moving forward to become a formal organisation.

THE GATP NEEDS YOU TO PLAY YOUR PART IN CHANGING AIRLINE RECRUITMENT FOR THE BETTER. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT NOW!

Last edited by Baboon Boy; 29th Jan 2007 at 16:51. Reason: wanted to add more.