PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Association of Trainee Pilots: Recruiting Here!
Old 29th Jan 2007, 13:37
SinBin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another point I'd like to make, is that airlines have so much clout, that they really don't care too much about low hours pilots with no experience and no type ratings as there is a surplus of experienced people. If they do, they'll get the money out of you somehow, be it docked wages, bonding on low pay or a SSTR, they are businesses and business ain't nice. This plan of yours won't change a thing so in order to combat it is to adjust to it. The best way is to boycott the overpriced integrated schools and accept paying for the type rating when inexperienced only. We all know that this will never happen and marketing departments at these schools are always ahead of the game in filling their courses.

How anyone can justify spending double on a blue book and do most of your training in the US (with costs as low as they are over there, I hired a C172 last year for about £45 p.hr) is beyond me and I think these people are the most exploited people of all, but that's a different argument.

My advice is do what suits you

Last edited by SinBin; 29th Jan 2007 at 15:40.