PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2007, 11:41
4PW's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who, me?

Dude,

Yes, as a matter of fact I am in the office.

And because I have the opportunity, I am going to find out who you are. And I am going to screw you badly for having the temerity to suggest I could be in the office, most holy of sanctuaries that it is.

Just kidding

Gotcha, didn't I.

Hee hee hee...suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Actually, I'm just a cargo-carrying, ****-kicking schlepp like you. But perhaps unlike you, or not, I have just done my figures for the previous calendar year and find my monthly PPA sadly lacking.

This has made me like you in that I am not just incensed, I am ******* enraged.

If I forward purchase 7000 apples at market then go to market to get the apples, I have every right to expect delivery. This is contract law.

We (better word than I, don't you think, and more in keeping with the excellent CRM we practice in the simulator, wouldn't you say?) might be on the CBOT floor 'buyin bellies', or settling a trade on the CME (up 1.7%), covering swaps on the NYSE or forward purchasing USDs on the LIFFE (it's easy money. G'back is gunna tank, than recover mightily, so all in all, not a bad bet).

We might even, heaven forbid, take a riskier trade, one that involves engaging SQ in a promise of payment for which we agree to bind our dicks to a tree on the ECP for five long years (and eight fecking months).

Leveraged or non-leveraged, T-bills or OJ, taking delivery or rolling over.

Whatever; we are still entitled to 7000 apples.

To get 4303 apples and be told "be happy" is, shall we say, mildly nuts. Hell, why not settle for 50?

I get paid to make big decisions, so listen up (here comes the big swingin' dick now).

E-pay, b-pay or visa the bill. I don't care. Send me a smoke signal from STC when the coin is in. I could care less. Just "show me the money".

Gggrrrrrrrr.

Okay, rant over.

Now about that hard copy; thanks, but a kindred soul has already forwarded the evidence.