PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Association of Trainee Pilots: Recruiting Here!
Old 29th Jan 2007, 10:26
GGV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baboon Boy forget the the detractors. You are on the right track. Some of your specific suggestions seem to me to be unlikely to be successful, but that is not the point. The point is you want to do something.

You have a better grasp of the issues than some of your detractors. The reality is that things are now looking quite pessimistic for the piloting profession. What you are suggesting is only that people have an opportunity to go to a specific forum to get informed and to understand what they are getting into. I see nothing wrong with that; in fact there is a lot right with that. (BTW, if I read you correctly, you are absolutely correct about "service providers" - some of whom prey on the uncertainties of low time pilots in order to get their "piece(£) of the action". This is likely to become an even bigger problem in the future).

If people are prepared to travel the world, without a truly permanent job, pension, etc. and work on the basis of ever lower pay so that they can fly, then so be it. It is best that those who do so do it with their eyes wide open and not with enormous debts on the basis of misleading information and downright lies.