PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jersey-2
Thread: Jersey-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2007, 23:02
jerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
afterall if there low fares policy is working why could it not work on CDG JER?
BE are not low fares... they have very clever marketing which makes people believe they are. I travel between LON and JER a lot and the vast majority of the time BA are cheaper. BA will look after you in a delay, and you get a complementary refreshment service even on a 35min flight (OK its gone downhill slightly but it's still a far cry from BE).
The real problem, concering CDG lies within the general travelling public, if the majority booked through a travel agent JER-CDG may work, as travel agents value CDG on a similar level to LHR with the number of connections available and ease of those connections. However with more and more people booking their flights online people do not view CDG in the same way as LHR (most of us here know a thing or two about aviation and can tell you that CDG is as good, or better, than LHR - but try telling that to Joe Public). There are also far more business links with London than there are with Paris. I think, and hope, Julian Green and the States have realised this and decided not to give BE the money they were asking for, especially as it was way more than the original publicised amount.
I may be slightly biased against BE as I have had a few bad experiences with them, but I think that (re)introducing a new major carrier into the island with *A connections is far more valuable than a BE service to CDG with extremely limited connections.
Again, only time will tell, but as bmi have agreed to operate the route for three years we will gain a true picture as to how valuable LHR is to JER, and whether we can cope with a 9-10 x daily LGW service.

Last edited by jerboy; 28th Jan 2007 at 23:08. Reason: clarification