PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jersey-2
Thread: Jersey-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2007, 11:51
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jobagoodun

I agree with a lot of what you said in your post. However, although not frequently on the Island of Jer i do keep up to speed on the latest happenings via the forum, various websites and media and timetables etc. From what I can take from the forum, Flybe sound like they are calling the shots. the noise that I heard about there reaction to possible competition from Blue Islands etc, does not sound great. They are very successful. IF they were so true to Jer why did they give up the LHR slots originally. They never expected a new entrant.

As for the LHR route glad to see it but I am doubtful that the market will grow overall. What they do need is LCCs to stimulate inbound traffic IMO. LHR will offer the existing customer base another option. Its not technically new business as London is well served at the moment.

Flybe have to deliver profits and JER is probably a regular earner. I dont think anything exciting will come from BE in Jer anytime soon, Why dont they go for the CDG route when JER is offering incentives, afterall if there low fares policy is working why could it not work on CDG JER?

Last edited by EI-BUD; 28th Jan 2007 at 12:28. Reason: addition