PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taceval Tales
Thread: Taceval Tales
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2007, 22:42
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Down the Falklands I was due to go home on the Tuesday, boss told me Sat Afternoon that I had been extended for a week as my services were needed. Sunday was still the Sqn BBQ and my leaving do. Got pisssed Sat night, tried to drink myself into oblivion Sunday. 06:00 Monday morning an exercise was called, great that was all I needed, managed to keep out of harms way untill shift change at 12:00, asked and then told that I had to tow a Chinook of the line and put it in the hangar for the other shift. Despite trying to tell them I was Pissed, all to no avail, got behind the wheel of the tractor complete with NBC suit, tin helmet and SMG and off I went, decided to remove the need to keep swapping ends with the tractor I opted to push it all the way, just as I was trying to line it up to push it through the hangar doors (the other shift had arrived and decided that my driving skills merited an audience) the SMG got tangled in the steering wheel, tin helmet kept falling into my eyes , I was also suffering from a relapse. Chinook ended up at an angle to the hangar, towing arm was at nearly right angles across the back of the cab and the tractor was also full lock in the other direction. Handbrake on threw the keys at a tower on the other shift and climbed in wagon with the words "take me home", not a word was officially said thankfully.