PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2007, 19:56
expatula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by semper fi
Wow !!!!
You turned down an interview with EK? don't let the guys in the EK middle east forum hear about this!! You just might add fuel to their fires !! After all, people are leaving EK in droves right? (according to them).
Semper fi, just to clarify with you that i used the term "didn't push thru" as it is more diplomatic than "turned down". There's a bit of sarcasm to your post, especially when you put a big "Wow!" and "Amazing!" to it when all i did was simply post a reply to Mr Jetcruiser's query. It was a straightforward answer to a straightforward question without any hint of prejudice or touch of airiness as it might have seemed to you.

Frankly speaking, i did receive phone calls as well as emails from EK recruitment staff asking me to come for interview. But in the end I decided to stay put as things here in my present outfit have had tremendous changes during the past several weeks leading to my supposedly forthcoming interview with them last Dec. And in case you don't know, my salary now is almost comparable to that of an EK jock, and even to yours at EY.

Sorry to burst your bubble, semper fi, but i take your comments a bit way off the mark. Flying with EK seems to be everybody's dream job that being invited for interview just makes it too hard to pass up, but I don't hold that view anymore. I would be too naive to say that I didn't apply and wished to be with EK, but that was before I came here to work in my present outfit. But having come to grips with the realities here, my perspective has changed drastically, and therefore, and again without prejudice, I must tell you that at the end of the day I exclusively reserve to myself the right to say - "Thanks, but no thanks".

Last edited by expatula; 28th Jan 2007 at 03:37.