PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT (Oxford) - the thread, reborn (Part XXVII)!
Old 24th Jan 2007, 19:23
expedite08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree with you there, from the few I have had in the cockpit on check flights. Couldn't make a command call if thier life depended on it. Had always relied on the modular trained FI's to hold there hands in the past. No different handling skills or provided any super natural navigation ability that I could tell.
They did have an attitude which was amusing about what they thought they were good at. In reality they were exactly the same standard in VFR SEP machines as the PPL students.

Mad Jock,

I take it by this your talking about the Integrated lot, I hope!

If so I can see where you are comming from. You do look around at some of the individuals at some of these integrated schools and wonder how they look after and mange themselves! Let alone a jet/TP full of people!

Integrated has the problem of spoon feeding from zero to hero. Modular people have to use initiative, nine times out of ten, manage a family / job at the same time as training. Modular have to make decisions on thier next step in training, what to do for productive hour building etc etc. need I go on!

I believe the integrated people are exempt from hour building!!! Hmmm no opportunity to be let off on thier own , gain experience in making decisions, gain initiative, or confidence in thier new skills!

Cheers

Expedite