PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QL to QF's new recruitment process
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 05:04
Ratter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Podbreak, I agree that my train of thought may be somewhat outdated. However, my frustration stems from the fact that i have worked very hard, often in not very nice places to gain the experience that QL have been requiring to be considered. To then be told that after 6 years in the industry that i am placed in the same bucket as a 200 hour pilot just because they were a part of the cadetship doesn't fill me with joy. I agree that people are not owed jobs but i think that there are many out there that are deserving of an opportunity to try for a job with QL..... to be passed up because the quota is being filled by cadets is not something i find very fair. If Qantas cannot find enough turboprop places in GA for "industry based experience" then perhaps there should be less cadets.
I am sure that the cadets are great people.... as i said in my earlier post i do not like the cadetship, the people are not the problem it is the program.
A very good point raised though, where will QL find the captains of the future... i guess that means that QL captains will most likely passed over for a chance with mainline, after all.. they won't want to end up short of captains in QL.
Am interested to see what the future holds.
Safe flying
Ratter