PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 00:44
dragonfly6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stands for chief training captain.

They used to supply training captains to airlines that needed them on a consultancy basis before they started the wings programme.

The business in now mostly concerned with selling pilots (wings programme) and command courses, although they still do some consultancy and cabin crew training i think.

The name stayed the same.

As far as leadership skills, uni requirements, an "what CTC look for" go... I dont think CTC are of the box ticking persuasion. Yes leadership experience is a good quality, and university can be an important life experience. Yet there are plenty here without degrees and when asked what leadership experience i had in my intreview, i replied "none". They still let me in. Like sagey grumpy chops said, firstly they test aptitude. If the aptitude is up to standard they go on to look at the whole person. If the sum of all the qualities that person posseses makes for a promising proffesional you should have no worries. People have different qualities learned though different life experiences. I would hesistate to say CTC want a, b and, c. I found them more open minded than that. The only solid prerequisite is good aptitude and the ability to do some quick mental arithmatic.

Last edited by dragonfly6; 23rd Jan 2007 at 04:22.