PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Flight Booked 5th Jan- Increased Tax - Confused......
Old 22nd Jan 2007, 18:50
masalaairlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by James 1077
I think that it is allowed in the same way as if you pay for a car rental and you damage the car they will just take the money off your card without you signing anything. Credit card companies treat goods and services differently to allow for these eventualities.
Yes... but you give them prior consent to do this. Not with Ryanair. I have checked their terms and conditions.

I just spotted the sections on Taxes (Article 4) or Credit/Dabit Cards (Article 17) of the General Terms and Conditions and it mentions nothing about them allowing to collect funds off my account automatically without authorisation. Indeed they are not allowed to even store my Debit Card details to take money off at their fancy!

I have a problem in that they want to charge me for a flight I do not even intend to take (and I have already written to them 2 weeks ago to say I do not intend on taking it!) It was part of a multi-day trip where one flight was so seriously rescheduled by FR (more than 7 hours!!) that the whole purpose of the trip is useless.

I have already cut my losses and accepted the fact that Ryanair will steal the original fare (and tax) off me but now they want an extra £5 as a final spit in my face! At least Easyjet are making you voluntarily(?) pay the difference by going to the website and re-entering card details (decent).....however... Ryanair just help themselves.
Anyhow I have now written to them expressing an interest to cancel this booking, and not to debit the payment. (stating that they are also under no authority to do so without my consent). I recommend anyone else in the same shoes to do the same.

Last edited by masalaairlines; 22nd Jan 2007 at 18:51. Reason: simplified