PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QL to QF's new recruitment process
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2007, 14:03
Ratter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadets in QL!

What wonderful news...... NOT!!!

It is bad enough that these 150 hour children are pillaging the GA arena for people looking for an entry level RH seat turboprop position... now they get into QL.

These cadets get a seniority number when they start training... so does that mean that when the QL guys who actually have experience get their seniority numbers that they will have a lower number than any cadet that has started the cadetship within the last two years?

What will happen with the $10K pay for endorsement....... will the cadets get a freebie? do they pay? or are they gonna abolish the pay up front? If this is the answer to the mass QL exodus surely they wont have to charge up front any more???? What am i thinking.... any way to a$& f#@k pilots is the general road travelled by majority of aviation management in this sensibility foresaken business.

If i was an entry level FO for QL i would have some serious concerns about this new "agreement" so to speak.

With the rumoured level of recruiting that will be done over the next two years with mainline, would you really want to lock yourself out because you are expected to provide two years of service? Well if QL pay for the endorsement a return of service is by no means unreasonable but if you paid for it....... you fork out $10K for the priveledge of flying a turboprop at the pay rate of $49K P.A and you get to miss out on an enormous amount of recruiting in mainline because you haven't worked for QL for two years yet. But i guess you are compensated by that warm and fuzzy feeling of satisfaction in knowing that you have slogged it out in the most remote parts of the country just to get that illusive 500 multi-command and you have earned the opportunity to climb up to this next rung of prositution...... Woops i forgot to mention that the 500 multi is now arbitrary coz these 18 year old walking wallets don't have to do it because they are Cadets..... Oh and by the way, if they started their GFPT training before you completed stage 3 you will take the back seat in promotion prospects by comparison.

Cadetships are wrong on so many levels!

I have nothing against the cadets personally. The institution that creates this joke of a process should be ashamed!

Rant over!

Safe flying!

Ratter