PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT (Oxford) - the thread, reborn (Part XXVII)!
Old 22nd Jan 2007, 10:22
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotta tell you, saying that training is the same no matter where you go is like saying that there is no difference between a Ford and a Ferrari....they're both cars, right?
Your statement actually sums it up quite nicely.

The basic premise of a car is 4 wheels that gets you from A to B.

You have the ford which will get you from A to B for a reasonable price reasonably reliably and not using much fuel. And your not scared to leave it parked for a while while you have a break. And if it does get damaged it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fix.

And you have a Ferrari costs heaps, uses tons of fuel and has a huge posing factor. You still get from A to B and if you stick to the speed limits on the road you will arrive at nearly the same time. And if you leave it parked anywhere for a break you could find alot of damage done which will cost you heaps.

So you get from A to B in this case from untrained to trained its just that the cost is double. And similar to driving a Ferrari most people just think you have more money than sense. There will be a select few who think you are so cool driving a Ferrari but most will prefer to have the ford where not only do you get from A to B but you also can take your family with in relative comfort.

And I think you will find that I am not as such "bad mouthing" their training ( I actually went to OAT for ground school) I think thier modular course is spot on at a very reasonable price. What I am "bad mouthing" is the marketing spin and posing which states that you are getting something special when you are not when you sign up for the intergrated course.