PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr O'leary Says What He Thinks!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2007, 07:42
Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's another hypothesis. MOL is quite an extreme personality. He is obsessive in his determination and vindictive towards those whom he sees as "senseless" in their opposition to him (as in: those do they not share his ideological view of the world). Those who oppose him are dealt with very bluntly (from governments to to employees). In the employees case a little revenge for their opposition is always good for keeping the others "in line". In this world, the only group that threaten him - as in: who have any prospect of blocking his progress - are the pilots. Everybody else he can deal with decisively (and he does). He hates this independence and has been VERY successful at reducing the threat from pilots - along with their professional independence (who for example in Ryanair would ever dare to be fatigued?) and in their terms and conditions.

As far as I can see, in each of the battles he has fought with pilots he has shown himself to be ruthlessness and uninterested in "due process". He acts first and then worries about the legalities afterwards.

MOL may be 100% predictable, but to ignore him would be very foolish. He will have more influence, by far, over the lives of most of those who read pprune than anyone else. When you wake up to look back at the "good old days" you will know what I mean. I say this because few pilots seem able to "connect the dots" at the moment (and the "dots" are all there to be connected). He will, in other words, have more effect on BA and everybody else than WW. It is just a matter of time. Afterwards will come the lectures about how kind and wonderful he is.